DxPx2020 – a strategic forum to discuss a correct diagnosis and management of Corona?
Is DxPx2020 a strategic forum preparing to discuss new insights on and the correct diagnosis and management of Novel Coronavirus? DxPx management team’s tireless dedication and fascinating role in Partnering We receive inquiries from our former DxPx2019 and prospective participants if,apart from other diseases in the upcoming DxPx2020, we can prioritize expert discussions on the diagnosis and management of Novel Coronavirus and our response is YES. Therefore, our conference management, together with our scientific experts, offers insights into the Novel Coronavirus, which has become a global health and economic burden.DxPx2020 will play an instrumental role instrategic partnerships and investment opportunities between diagnostic growth companies, manufacturing industries and investors, where participants will explore their potentials. DxPx2020 is a deal-oriented meeting in parallel to MEDICA2020 in the beautiful city Dusseldorf. Why China is experiencing again a period of bad luck When we first hear any news of outbreaks of respiratory diseases, China first pops into our heads, which leads us to remember past outbreaks such as SARS-CoV in 2003 and now Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).Why does China become so susceptible to such respiratory disease outbreaks remain fascinating questions for everyone? But the exact reason is not well exhibited yet but it is claimed that the causal factor for such an occurrence is close contact with animals, food supply and eating different animals creates mixing vessels which trigger virus transmission of animals-to-humans and humans-to-humans (McGregor, 2020). Bats are a natural mixing vessel for SARS that is well known (Ren et al., 2008). Short glimpses on COVID-19 Transmission and Symptoms Transmissionstarts whenvirus invasion of the host starts with the interaction of viral surface proteins and specific host cell surface receptors.ACE2 (angiotensin-converting enzyme), the SARS-CoV cell receptor is also used by COVID-19 to invade cells (Chen, Guo, Pan & Zhao, 2020). Clinical data suggests that SARS-CoV has a life cycle of less than 24 hours and COVID-19 can live between 2-14 days and during this incubation period certain infected patients can continue to spread the virus (Creative Diagnostics Blog, 2020). Novel Coronavirus which was first identified on 31stDecember 2019 in Wuhan City of Hubei Province, China is renamed COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease, 2019)by World Health Organization (WHO). Sobriquet name of COVID-19 is 2019-nCoV which is not existing anymore. International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) called it Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2, or SARS-CoV-2. While there is too little data available on COVID-19, COVID-19 is in many characteristics meticulously related to the 2003 SARS coronavirus. Because of the severe knowledge gap on this virus, predicting the severity of this deadly COVID-19 is premature but preliminary findings indicate that it is less fatal than SARS. More than 82183 COVID-19 infections have been reported to date (27.02.2020) affecting 48 countries (Worldometers, 2020) due to human-to-human transmission with pandemic potential (Schnirring, 2020). China shows more than 95% infections as the mainland alone. The COVID-19 fatality rate is 2%. Respiratory symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath. Non-respiratory symptoms include nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. Young, elderly and immunocompromised may develop more serious infections, such as bronchitis or pneumonia. Where are we standing in diagnosing COVID-19?
- New cases of COVID-19 are continuing to grow globally. There are questions about the accuracy of procedures used to validate diagnosis in the laboratory. Some people test negative up to six times, even though they are infected with the virus, as was the case with Dr. Li Wenliang who passed away in Wuhan in the epicenter of the outbreak.He was hospitalized, testing negative for coronavirus several times before eventually receiving a positive result (Lichtenstein, 2020).
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) developed Covid-19 Diagnostic Kits (RT-PCR-kit)failed to be validated by Public Health Laboratories due to inconclusive results where CDC had shipped out on 5thFeb in 115 laboratories in the US and 191 laboratories internationally (Kamer, 2020).
- Co-Diagnostics, a US-based molecular diagnostics company, has recently secured the regulatory CE Mark approval for its Logix Smart Coronavirus COVID-19 Test.
- The genesig Real-Time PCR COVID-19, CE-IVD marked is also available now in Europe.
- Toda Pharma, a French company has also developedToda Coronadiag test.
- Procom Cure an Austrin Company has also developedPHOENIXDX® 2019-NCOV a real-time RT-PCR-based detection system
- Grady McGregor. Coronavirus, bird flu, swine fever: Why China is still so susceptible to disease outbreaks. Fortune, February 6, 2020
- Ren et al., Difference in Receptor Usage between Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) Coronavirus and SARS-Like Coronavirus of Bat Origin. JOURNAL OF VIROLOGY, Feb. 2008, p. 1899–1907
- Chen, Yun; Guo, Yao; Pan, Yihang; Zhao, Zhizhuang Joe. Structure analysis of the receptor binding of 2019-nCoV. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 2020
- Behind the Scenes of New Coronavirus Pneumonia-2019-nCov.Creative Diagnostics Blog, Feb 3, 2020
- COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS OUTBREAKS.Worldometers, February 27, 2020
- Lisa Schnirring.WHO notes COVID-19 pandemic potential as 5 more Mideast nations affected. CIDRAP News, Feb 24, 2020
- Karina Lichtenstein. Are Coronavirus Tests Accurate?MedicineNet Health News, Feb 18, 2020
- Foster Kamer. Coronavirus (COVID-19) test kits are broken in America, Scarce in China. Inaccurate or absent results put a massive incredibly dangerous problem. Futurism Neoscope, Feb 7, 2020